Born 1973 in Zajecar, Serbia. PhD in Computer-music applications from the State University of Milan, Italy. Two art awards, both from the Short Electronic Form Feast (2002 and 2004) in Belgrade, and two research grants, from the Italian State and from Microsoft Research Cambridge. Sound works, installations, videos and software on several new media festivals around Europe, Asia and Latin America. Currently living in Italy, Milan.
contact me: andreja dot andric at gmail dot com
- 1+1+1, a 1-minute 1-bit 1-channel song, selected for 60x60 European Mix 2012.
- Unintended Music in the Runme.org. (Music produced from malfunctioning software: music result + source code in Pascal, 2007-2011). Performed in joint concert with GingerEnsemble Bern, Miroslav Misa Savic and others, Rex, Belgrade, April 20th 2012. Also in Audiograft Jukebox, Oxford, February 2013.
- 99 Meditations on Chords and Colors (post-music, hyper-music, drone, web)
- V3.1 on Pixelstorm award (2011). For watching the work offline, download the equivalent V3.0 version as PowerPoint Slideshow (pps).
- V2.0 in Runme.org. (2010)
- V2.0 on 00130 gallery Helsinki, Finland, curator Juan Kassari. (2007)
- V2.0 on the Second International Media Art Festival, Armenian Center for Contemporary Art, Yerevan, Armenia, 9-30 August, 2005. Curator: Eva Khachatrian.
- V1.0 on Extasy - Final Show of the Java Museum, cur. Wilfried Agricola de Cologne. (2005)
- V1.0 on the FILE 2004 festival of electronic art, SESI Gallery of Contemporary Art, Sao Paolo, Brasil, November 22nd - December 12th, 2004.
- V1.0 on the Net Art Open (2004)
- Download all versions.
- Piano Player's Diary (Collection of computer-generated compositions for piano emulation + software, 2002)
- One Liner Videos - 30+ super-short mobile videos, like Italian Lesson and How the Music Surprises an Unprepared Listener. Parts of the collection were shown so far on:
- FILE 2006 festival of electronic art, SESI Gallery of Contemporary Art, Sao Paolo, Brasil, August 14th - September 3rd, 2006
- Kinofest, 13-17 october 2007, National Museum of Contemporary Art, Budapest, Romania. Curator Valentin Partenie,
- Cologne OFF II (curated by Wilfried Agricola de Cologne) 2006, and with the travelling exhibition on:
- PI Performance & Intermedia Festival Szczecin, Poland, 20-22 October 2006, at National Museum Szczecin and Officyna Space of Art Szczecin and elsewhere.
in SoundLab Channel Edition IV (memoryscape 9). Curated by Melody Parker Carter. (Computer generated electronic ambient music with emulated glockenspiel sound, 2006)
- The Cut in the Runme.org. (Unpredictable video effects resulting from manipulating an existing machine code, 2006).
- Pencil Music #4 (with Igor Vasiljev, music from a single stroke of Pencil Tool in SoundForge) in SoundLab Channel Edition III. Curator: Melody Parker Carter. 2005. Download (329K zip file - expands to 37M wav file)
- Vanessa (Found video + explanatory notes + adult site link, 2004) - Prize of the Jury on the Fifth Short Electronic Form Feast, REX, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, November 2004. Curators: Nebojsa Milikic & Dusica Parezanovic.
- Machina d'Amore (with Igor Vasiljev, ASCII Flash video, uses movie inserts from Casablanca, Showgirls, Outer Limits; piano music composed by Andreja Andric, played by Ana Zorana Brajovic, 2002)
- Digital Clip festival, Galleria civica d'arte moderna e contemporanea, Via Magenta 31, Torino, Italy, December 2002.
- in the Soundtoys. Curator: Stanza. (2003)
- on VideoChannel, Curator: Wilfried Agricola de Cologne. (2007)
- Playground (with Igor Vasiljev, a Virtual Reality world (VRML), 2002. Note: A VRML plugin, such as Blaxxun or Cosmoplayer is required for viewing the work from the above link.)
- Sinehia (with Maja Gecic, Ana Cicovic, Lynn Pia Pook and Lina Faller, an audio-visual-haptic installation, 2002) on the VioLENS, CESTA Multimedia Art festival, Tabor, Chech Republic, August 2002. Curator Hilary Binder.
- Winter variations - electronic computer music for three exhibitions of Europism (a mock avantgarde movement invented by Dimitrije Tadic and Maja Josifovic) in Belgrade (Pavilion Veljkovic, Cinema REX, SKC, 2001).
- Guitar solos (MP3 download and more details), recorded by Andreja Andric and produced by Velja Mijanovic in late nineties. Performed in concert in Belgrade, Academy 28 Theater, 1993-1994, and in Ethnographic museum 2000.
- Clouds, Mix, Crossings (pieces for various combinations of flutes and guitars: improvisation + computer score + verbal score, concept + MP3 download), recorded by Milica Jevic, Svetlana Novakovic (flutes), Andrej Jovanic, Aleksandar Petrovic, and Andreja Andric (guitars). Performed in concert in Belgrade, Academy 28 Theater 1994, St Peter's Church in 1995 and in Ethnographic museum 2000.
- Intro and Dream (Dream for flute, guitar and Piano, with short piano solo introduction: improvisation + computer score + verbal score, concept + MP3 download), recorded by Anita Tomasevich, piano + prepared piano, Tamara Vucic (flute), and Andreja Andric (guitar). Dream recorded live in concert in Belgrade, Academy 28 Theater, November 1993. Intro recorded in May 1992 on the Belgrade Music Academy.
- Flutes and Piano (Flute quintet + Piano piece), recorded by Anita Tomasevich, piano and Jakov Srejovic Flute Consort, on the Belgrade Music Academy in 1992 and 1994 and performed in concert in the same period.
In the drawer
- Musica Trasparente for pitch altered electric guitar.
- Shards and other pieces.
Last updated October 1st 2013